Sunday, January 10, 2010

little something but I don't want to forget



here is another something I don't want to forget about.
Today 1/10/10, Kai went to his cousins' ward with his cousins! He was excited about that! I was worried if he would be ok in the primary. It is still his 2nd time in it. He was totally fine and Josiah said he was sitting on his seat listening to his teacher. When I saw him after his class, he showed me his new CTR ring. He was so excited!!!! He treated it like a treasure. I asked him what he learned today, he said "I learned about Jesus Smith". He was trying to say Joseph, but sounded like he said Jesus Smith. I asked "is it JOSEPH SMITH?" and he said "Yeah, Joseph Smith".

Wow.... 3 year old learned about Joseph Smith today.

We've talked about Joseph Smith at home, but I was very impressed that he remembered that was what he learned today. Apparently it made a strong enough impression on him to remember and he was able to tell me the name. I am thankful for the teacher who taught my son today, and the spirit that was there to touch his heart. These little ones are really saved for latter days. So smart! I thought to myself that me and Josey REALLY need a lot of preparing to teach these young ones at home so that they can do what they were called to do here. I had great lessons today at church and kids all had a great time at church. It wasn't super memorable day, but everyone was happy all day, we were all getting along, had a fun night together, when we said good night, kids told me "I love you" like they really meant it. Day like today is really what joy of having a gospel in life is all about.

3 comments:

Matt and Alissa said...

Wow, that is wonderful. I hope Beckett does that well in primary. Also, great thought. You made me think more on what I need to do to teach my little ones.

Valerie said...

I just came upon your blog and thought I'd comment to you that you have such an adorable family. I am the primary secretary in our ward and some crazy Sundays I wonder if a single child learned anything. It's great to hear your little one understood and remembered what his teacher taught (probably had a lot to do with your teachings at home too). Hopefully that happens sometimes in our ward too. :)

Mackenzie Bailey said...

Hey Yuki! I'm so glad to finally keep updated with you guys this way. I loved your thoughts about Kai and primary. There's nothing that touches your heart more than to see the light come on in their eyes when the spirit has taught them an eternal truth. It gives me butterflies every time it happens. It is so fun having them in primary now huh? They're like sponges and absorb everything they learn there. Makes me want to create that spirit in my home so my teachings will be remembered too. Love you guys!