Sunday, January 10, 2010

Kai's first day of Sunbeam

While I am on the internet, I'd better write down something that I will never want to forget about my kids.
Kai started Primary last week. It was a big day for him and me. I am in the primary, so I am with him a lot of the time. I had a little talk with the president and I had to make some rules to be ready for him to come.

rules
-won't let him come to sit on the piano bench with me
-won't come to his seat to sit with him
-trust the teachers and let them handle him while I do my calling

and I was hoping that he will be so exicted to go and happy to be in the same room with me! Yeah, right.... but really hoping so.

He didn't want to go to the primary AT ALL. As he went in the room and sat on the ground crying. He was totally screaming. Our neigbor kids that Kai loves were there to help him, but that didn't work! He didn't want to be there and he didn't want to let me go. I didn't know what to do... and meanwhile I had to go up there to play the songs. It was a chaous.
I had to stick to my rules. I told him that I love him and I will be very close to him and left my screaming and crying son with his teacher and sat on the bench. It was really REALLY hard to keep my rules. Even though Kai was crying, I knew that he was trying me to see if I would give in. I could see that in his eyes. Kai was trying so hard to be with me around the piano, still screaming. (and smiling a little) His teacher asked me if it is ok for her to hold Kai and take him to the back to have a talk, that is when his heart was really broken. I knew that he was really sad. But I knew that was neseccary for him.

After kids were sent to a small room, it was a disaster....(at least it sounded like it) Kai and his buddy were screaming. Me and a few moms were outside of the room hoping that they will be better. (and really worried about thier teacher)
When the sharing time came, all the kids came back to the big primary room. Sunbeams were the last one to come. Kai was very happy and seemed to be enjoying it. He looked at me and smiled. After a few songs, it was sharing time by brother Mabey. He was really interested and was trying to participate. I sat next to the piano which is in front of the Sunbeams hoping that he will stay on his seat. He just sat on his chair still listening to the lesson and talking to his friends next to him. I looked at him and told him he was being a good boy and I love him. He just looked at me and nodded like he was saying " I know, mom" I wanted to cry. He looked so grown up all the sudden. I will never forget that moment.
He came to the bench a few times after that while I was playing the piano, but he just came to hug me and kiss me and told me that he loves me. What a sweetheart.
He did a great job on the first day. I was expecting a lot worse at biginning, but I souldn't underestimate my boy. He is a big boy. Now is an official Sunbeam.

He got a crown saying I am a child of God at the end of the class. We took pictures of him with it to remember this special day.


3 comments:

grandmabish said...

I am happy to hear that everyone survived Kai's first day of Sunbeams. We missed you today. See you soon.

Lara said...

I can't believe he is already a Sunbeam! How fun that you are the primary pianist, I'm sure you do such a fantastic job! I have been the primary chorister for the past year and I love it! Primary is so much fun!

Matt and Alissa said...

Wow, he did pretty good. I had to go to all of the class with Beckett. It was our first day in our home ward and they didn't have an official teacher. I hope Beckett gets used to it soon.