Sunday, January 10, 2010

What a day.... to be thankful

So I am staying at my sister in law's for about a week with my kids to watch my niece and nephews. I've done it a few years ago and it was a lot of fun! This time is going to be a little different from last time since I have two kids and my niece and nephews are a little older, I am excited to spend the time with them!
Kai is super excited every morning to see his cousins. He hates them leaving to school! My nephew let Kai sleep in his bottom bunk bed, and Kai loves that. He started acting like a bigger boy since then.
So I had a whole bunch of fun things to do on Sat with kids. I had a plan to go to SLC for a few hours, so when I got back I was going to take the kids to sledding and make homemade pizzas! On Fir, I got everything ready and was really excited for Sat. Then the next day I woke up having really really bad stomachache....I mean really really painful one. I am really healthy, so when I get something like that I freak out. It was so bad that I couldn't even stand up... I think that kids could see that I was really hurting, they were really sincere....
Anyways, to make the story short, I decided to go to ER (maybe I over reacted now I think of it, but I was worried that if something happened to me and I wouldn't be able to take care of the kids.) The Dr thought that I have a ovary cyst or appendicitis. so He had me do a lot of tests (thinking is this really necessary??) came to find out that I need more tests and Dr told me depending on the results, I may be free to go home or surgery immediately....
I thought to myself, after all these tests it must be something!!! I was getting my mind ready for the bad news!
After hours and hours of waiting, Dr came to tell the result. "I am sorry, but I really don't know where your pain is coming from. Everything looks great and I can't find anything wrong with you. you are free to go." and a little more explaining of results and lots of guessing where the pain might have come from....
Me, Josiah, Lily and our friend were there just thinking.... Are you serious?
He said that CAT scan couldn't see appendix clearly, but ultrasound showed no problem. Nothing wrong anywhere. I know I should be really happy to hear that, but I didn't know what to say or think about the result. Then the thought of all the bills we need to pay for this came really fast. Our good friend said to me after me apologizing for this whole thing.... "you should be really happy about this!! It is better to know nothing wrong than getting ready to go to surgery or going through a lot of pain and being worried about kids!" That was nice thing to hear, and she is right. Then I thought all the people who were a lot more serious conditions at ER maybe hoping to be able to survive the night or something.... I really should be grateful for being ,Dr called, "Perfectly Healthy". I just really thank my kind husband who took me to the hospital and took a good care of me. I also thank my friend who made me realize that I needed to be happy about the result! I also thank my niece and nephews who watched my kids for a few hours.

On the way home me and Josiah thought we need to do something for the kids. We got their favorite pizzas and cookie dough for them. I really can't thank them enough...

Oh I had to add this! Lily had a really bad diaper rash, and super cranky! My niece may not like the idea of babysitting very much after this.... Thank her for all she tried! She told me she still loves my Lily. What an angel. My older nephew were being so sincere. While I was in pain he kept checking on me, suggesting that I should call his dad (who is a Dr). He saw me on the floor hurting and called his dad for me. When we left to hospital he showed me he will have the phone on his hand for updates. What a sweetheart. My younger nephew also told me that Kai had an accident. big one and small one all at once.... I wouldn't be happy when Kai does that. My 3rd grade nephew decided that kai needs serious help, so he took him to a tab and gave him a bath, put the dirty clothes away, and helped Kai get dressed with a new set of clothes. WHAT A NICE BOY!!!! I almost wanted to cry when I heard that. Their parents should be really proud. They are super good kids and I love them so so much.

It was a pretty painful day... but also by the end of the day I felt really good both physically and emotionally. I love them very much.

2 comments:

grandmabish said...

Oh Dear! I feel so bad for you. Bless your heart. You suffered so much and do not even know what was wrong. I hope it doesn't happen again. Be careful. I love you!

Matt and Alissa said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. That was super nice of your niece and nephew to help out like that. You are a very blessed woman.