Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year, New Beginning! #2

So, today was a big day for our family. It took a long long time, but my husband Josiah is finally done with his school!! He will be graduating with a master's degree in Electrical Engineering with the high voltage power emphasis.
I met him in 2002. We were both going to Weber State University. He was going there even before I met him. Since then he studied and studied and never gave up on achieving his goal. Studying back then and last 5 years are totally different. Back then, Josiah had no wife, kids, dog, house, rental property, demanding church callings, and all the bills to pay.... I just want to say that it took enormous level of determination and endurance for him to get here. I am amazed how strong Josiah is. I am very grateful for all these years of work he did. Thank our friends and family for their friendship and support throughout this journey!!

WE MADE IT!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAY!!!

So this is how our anxious day went.
My kids and I decided to decorate outside to surprise daddy, so as soon as we finished our breakfast, we went to Zurchers to get balloons and butcher paper for a banner! We got home and start working on decorating, then Josiah came out asking what I am making for lunch!

Shoot.... he saw the streamers and balloons....

He pretended that he didn't see it (to kids, he didn't see nothing at all and had no idea what we are doing outside) He decided to spend some time in the office till we are all done decorating. Little after noon, we were finally done with decorating, and kids were so excited to get Josiah! I spend all the time decorating and not preparing the lunch. So we decided to take daddy out for lunch to Wing Nutz ;)

He told us he would have till 3 pm to look over his assignments then he will be done FOREVER!!!!

So when we came home, I decided I should take a power nap on the couch till the time came. hee hee. I was so anxious I wanted the hour to pass sooner, so crocheting and nap were perfect.

Then I heard the office door opened a little after 3!!! and Josey said, "I just sent my last assignments!"

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!

We had fire crackers and gave big hugs to Josiah!!!

Kids' request for the evening was to spend some time with mom and dad together.

We had a great time at the pool swimming!

What a good day.... From now on, we all have a little bit more time to be with each other ;0)

2 comments:

The Porter Family said...

YAAAY!!! That is so, so awesome! Tell him congrats from us! I'm really glad you got your hubby back and the kids get to spend more time with daddy. :) Now that he's free, it's time to play! Let me know when you're free. :D

Matt and Alissa said...

That is wonderful! Hooray for Josiah for finishing school! Hooray for Yuki for surviving being a single mom, without really being a single mom! You deserve that diploma just as much as him. ;) Congratulations guys!