Wednesday, September 3, 2008

One night at Park City



I've been waiting for this day!!! Since Josiah has served in Iraq, all the veterans that served in Iraq and Afghanistan get to go to these hotels and condos for two nights a year for free. So we have decided that we would stay at one of the condo during the labor day weekend! Just 2 of us! Josiah and I didn't do much together this Summer since I got back from Japan... We have been busy moving and organizing which was pretty important to us this Summer.... The camp that we went was the only trip we made! (Well, except my Japan trip.... but that is going home... it doesn't count as a family trip, right?? hee hee)

Josiah's parents watched Kai for us while we are gone. We thought that Kai would miss us... but he knew that they have Thomas the train at their house, so he didn't even care we were there or not!

It was kind of weird not having Kai around... especially with me, this was my first time not having him around me for more than 3-4 hours! Josiah's mom said that it may be harder for me than for Kai! and that was true! Although it was kind of sad not having him around, it was pretty nice to have alone time with Josiah. I think we were both a little shy and didn't know what to talk or what to do sometimes ;0)
It made me think how it is gonna be when we are retired and old.. just 2 of us in the future.

We had fun shopping, eating out, and watching movies with treats without any interruption till midnight! We haven't done that forever.... Sleeping has been more important than playing till mid-night. We knew that we could sleep in as long as we wanted!

The weather wasn't very good up in Park City last weekend... It was rainy and very cold! We weren't dressed for it at all... so we ended up leaving there early. But we had a lot of fun together.

Josiah's mom said Kai was doing just fine! Slept well, played well and ate well! He didn't cry or look for us. He was just fine with grandpa and grandma! (oh, and Thomas the train)
We are planning another night stay next month, but this one is with the whole Halverson family for Kai's birthday! Thanks to Josiah for his service in Iraq! and we are totally taking advantage of it ;0)

Does anyone know good activities up there that don't cost too much??

8 comments:

Kacie said...

Wow! I wish I could do something like that with Nathan! I"m glad you and Josiah could spend some quality time together! We sure appreciate Josiah serving in Iraq! Don't you feel good knowing Kai is having fun with his Grandma and Grandpa while you two get to spend some time together and you don't have to worry about him? :)

Jolanda said...

Yuki! Yeah I am so happy you found me! Of course I remember who you are, how could I forget! Your little boy is so adorable and you look so happy. We are also having a little girl in December, so that will be fun.
lets keep in touch!

Jess said...

Yuki! Hi! Hadley got his mission call today! He is going to Hirshima(spelling???) Japan! He is so excited! He will be such a good missionary! I am going to post pictures on my blog of him opening his call! My blog is private, but I think I sent you an invite! If not email me at allredsj@msn.com and I will! We all wanted to share this with you! :)

Jess said...

Hey! There phone number is 280-542-6165! They would love to hear from you!

Halverson Talk said...

Thanks Jess!! I will for sure call them tomorrow!!!!! So exciting!

Halverson Talk said...

Kacie
It is so nice to know that he will be ok without us for a little while! I was a little worried about this baby coming... he may have to stay at his cousin's or grandma's, you know??? But I think he will be just fine ;0)

Jo
Congrats!!!!!! When is your due day?? Mine is on the 13th! That is so exciting we are going to have our girls in the same month! I know it will be a busy month ;0)
Yes!! for sure keep in touch!!!

hoLLY said...

Im so glad you found us! Congrats on your new baby on the way! so glad to hear from you? how do you like living down South? keep in touch.

Zeb, Hilary, & Camden said...

Check out the alpine slides when you are up there. They are way fun (probaby about 20 dollars per person though). Old park city is fun to wander and look around the shops. They have good restaurants there too.