Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Crafty Friend

It is less than 3 months till our little baby Lily comes to our family!
I have been shopping here and there to prepare for our daughter's arrival.
It is so fun to shop for dresses and accessories for the baby girls, but oh my goodness... they can be really expensive!!! Some of them look easy enough for me to make at home! (not the dresses...! the head band and hair stuff ;0) so I've been asking my friends if they know how to make them!
Then, one of my friends told me that she always makes them herself and told me not to buy them because they are soooooooo easy to make! You can make them even cuter and the way you want!!!!
So we got together today and made some head bands with cute flowers! It was so easy to make! It is my kind of craft! EASY, FAST, and CUTE! (oh, and lots of fun to make!)
She is so good that she made a few of those head bands while I was making one and talking.... They are so cute that I want to put them on Lily soon ;0)
Thanks to her, I don't have to spend $ and $ to accessorize my baby girl ;0)
I will try to put pictures here when I make some again!

6 comments:

Roberts' family said...

It's coming so soon. 3 months and Lily is such a cute name. I am so excited that you're having a girl and yes fun to shop for but can be a little more expensive. Just look for the deals and try kid-to-kid.

Jolanda said...

When is your due date? Our little girl is due December 2nd! I too can't wait to dress up our little girl!

Halverson Talk said...

Melinda
Yes!!! I love kid to kid!!!! I couldn't live without that store with Kai... hahaha

Jo
Mine is on the 13th! But I have this feeling that she will come the end of Nov.... I can't even do house work without taking a break lately... How are you feeling??

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

I love the name you've picked too! The head bands are great. The other day I had Liz in just a white onsie and some brown pants (with frills on the pocket). All day long people kept calling her a boy! I was wishing I had put one of her cute headbands on so people could get it right. Have fun shopping. They have so much cute stuff for little girls.

Jake & Becca said...

Oh my goodness how time flies. Your little guys is so big. I don't know if you'll remember but we were in the student ward and I ran across your blog! Fun to see an update on a bunch of you guys from the ward.

Tanis said...

yuki!!! its been forever! how the heck are you! congrats on your little boy-so cute and soon to be little girl- they are so fun!
im glad you found me- ive been looking for you on facebook but do you know how many yuki abe's there are- and obvoiusly your last nameis different now!! good to be able to see how your doing again!