Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Thanks to Logan!!


I am working on the camping trip story... it is taking a bit longer than I expected, so I decided to write something else ;0) hahaha

Logan (Chad and Kenzie's son)was playing with Kai a lot during the camping trip. We've noticed that he just knew so many words for being a little less than 2 years old!!! He would repeat whatever we said! Kai has not been a big repeater yet.... We were wondering when he would start picking up things more. We weren't too worried about him, because mom and dad speaks different languages, I bet Kai is pretty confused now... But, we were just amazed how much Logan knows!

It was towards the end of the trip, I would ask Kai to say "Yuki" and he tried to say it! We were so surprised that he would even try it! It got even better after the trip! At home, he would say "Josey", "Banana", "OK", and even some Japanese words that I have been trying to teach him for months! It surprised me that Kai was trying to sing this song that Kenzie was singing to Logan during the trip (well... Logan was saying the words to the song all the time, so I bet Kai picked that up from him!)

It is so amazing how much kids pick up stuff from each other! I thought Kai was mostly attacking Logan for playing the toys he wanted... but he was also learning a lot from him! It is so fun to listen to him trying say things now! It was just a few days that Kai got to play with Logan, but the influence he got was pretty big!
So far, he says a lot of English words. I'd better teach him more Japanese... I thought I speak Japanese a lot with him, but I just have to be more consistent!

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

The Sayamas said...

That's so awesome that you guys were able to go on a trip with the Baileys and Porters! I miss the old ward! I miss Kenzie a lot, she was always such a good friend. Next time you talk to her tell her I say hi!

I think little kids pick up so much stuff from eachother. My nephew is a couple months older than Kaemon and whenever Kaemon is around him he picks things up from him and talks more. He is the youngest of 4 so he says a lot of funny things like "Go away!" "I don't want it!" "No!" "Stop!" So kaemon even picks these things up but I still love it that they can learn so much from eachother!

Halverson Talk said...

Lori
I will for sure tell Kenzie Hi for you---! Her parents house is 5 min away from our house in Sandy, so we see them more often that we thought! They live so far away... wish they are close also!

I bet Kaemon is getting big also! He turns 2 in Sep right?? Wow...time flies!